Get it:Add CD to Cart ($3 PayPal)
This is the last album from the late, website like this great Seattle band Dorkweed, titled Sometimes Animals Die. In addition to being prolific (releasing five LPs, an EP, and a DVD between 1998 and 2004), Dorkweed was an energetic and extremely fun live act, and one of our favorite bands ever.
“Dorkweed are power pop with balls. And bite. And, um, creamed corn? As the name (and the song about creamed corn) suggests, Dorkweed have a slightly skewed view on life and how to react to it–which makes their highly infectious songs that much more satisfying to sing along to. And you will.”
– Barbara Mitchell, the Stranger.
“On the Seattle band’s sixth release Some Animals Die, [Brent Amacher’s] cool coarseness melded with the high-powered pop melodies sniff of Pixies’ crankiness and Weezer’s tongue-in-cheek silliness.”
– Three Imaginary Girls.
- Johanna Kunin – Blueberry
- Joshua Morrison – Westport
- Steven Kattenbraker – Fence Out
- Toy Tractor – Stay Up
- Chris Moore – See What it Brings Out
- Ian Schuelke – Fallout
- Arkade – Listen, shop Here
- Land! Bravo – Kyoughn
- I Am the Internet – Bullfight Champion
- You May Die in the Desert – In Case I Should Die
- Andrea Maxand – Anesthetize
- The Way it Is – What Will We Do?
- The Graze – Conditions
- John Vecchiarelli – Train Song
- Kelli Hanson – Risk Free
- Smile Brigade – Improv with the Lashes
- Levi Fuller – 2 Wrights/2 Wrongs
- David Karsten Daniels – Epilogue
- The Maneuvers – Jungle Song
Label: Ball of Wax
On the web: ballofwax.org/volumes/volume2